The National Research Institute of Brewing (NRIB) was established on May 9, 1904 in Tokyo, Japan as a national research organization concerning technology related to alcoholic beverages under the Ministry of Finance. NRIB is the only national research institute in the field of alcoholic beverages. It conducts advanced analysis and evaluation of alcoholic beverages, as well as fundamental and applied research on brewing, and disseminates knowledge. NRIB aims to contribute to the suitable and fair imposition of liquor taxes, the sound development of the alcoholic beverage industry, and the enhancement of public awareness regarding alcoholic beverages.
- A dedicated site for "Japanese Sake Essentials" has beed pre-opened
- Outline of the 46th Honkaku Shochu and Awamori Contest
- Outline of the Annual Japan Sake Awards 2023
- List of Gold Prize winning sake in 2023
- Apology and correction for some errors in "List of Gold Prize winning sake"
- The Honkaku Shochu & Awamori Flavor Wheel is now available online
- List of Standard English Expressions for Sake Terminology（Sake Terms）
- The Story of Shochu 1(Revised edition) was published
- “SAKE BOOK - How to Enjoy Japanese Sake -” was published
- “Handy Storage Guide to Sake” was published
- Introduction to Sake, a leaflet for sake beginners in English, Chinese and Korean
- Operations of NRIB for the Great East Japan Earthquake
- Glossary of Terms on Sake Bottle Labels, in various languages